CONWIRE 2013 (3rd IEEE Workshop on Convergence among Heterogeneous Wireless Systems in Future Internet) is a Workshop in association with the 14th IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM 2013), to be held in Madrid (Spain), June 4, 2013.
Future Internet envisions the synergy among heterogeneous wireless communications will co-exist providing the end user the "flexibility and choice", to improve his/her quality of life. The integration of heterogeneous networks in multi-access and multi-operator environment is revolutionizing the ICT area, introducing new opportunities, better communication channels and an enhanced quality of provided applications and services. In this environment, a user is able to connect to a number of heterogeneous RATs (Radio Access Technologies), either covering the same, or complementing geographical areas. These networks can be macro-cellular, WLANs, femto-cellular or even ad-hoc. In this environment, seamless mobility is coupled according to user preferences, enabling mobile users to be "Always Best Connected" (ABC) so that Quality of Experience is optimised and maintained.
CONWIRE will collect latest research ideas and issues on the convergence among heterogeneous wireless systems in Future Internet. We solicit papers that cover a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- Wireless Network Architectures
- Middleware for wireless converged networks.
- Wireless Convergence in Future Internet Initiatives (e.g. FIRE, GENI etc)
- IP-based Mobility Management
- Efficient Handover Algorithms and RRM in heterogeneous wireless networks
- Cross-Layer Schemes
- Modeling, performance evaluation, simulation, and optimization techniques
- Wireless network testbeds and applications
- Quality of Experience (QoE) in wireless converged networks
Periklis Chatzimisios, Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece
Tasos Dagiuklas, Hellenic Open University, Greece
Jonathan Rodriguez, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
Joerg Widmer, Institute IMDEA Networks, Spain